This week’s Aramco Team Series in Sotogrande comes to Spain for the first time as some of the best female golfers in the world compete in a unique format that sees teams plus individuals play for total prize fund of $1Million at La Reserva Club.
However, the new format and lucrative purse are not only an incredible opportunity for the players, fans of live sport and entertainment also have so much to look forward to with free tickets available to everyone across the 3 days of the tournament, 5th-7thAugust, 2021.
La Reserva offers the perfect destination for anyone seeking and enjoying a unique fun-filled weekend in the beautiful surrounds of Sotogrande with fans and families simply asked to complete the registration online at aramcoteamseries.com to attend for free.
So, whether you are a golf fan or not, here are 7 reasons why the Aramco Team Series this weekend in Sotogrande:
- A dream location: La Reserva Club Sotogrande –For three exciting days some of world’s most renowned players will take on one of the most idyllic golf clubs in Spain. A must for anyone who wants to enjoy the team rivalries in a state-of-the-art country club overlooking the Mediterranean and surrounded by breathtaking scenery.
- Enjoy the best female golfers in the world – It’s not every day you get to watch leading female golfers compete for $1 million live, let alone enjoy a world-class team competition. Marianne Skarprnord, Olivia Cowan, Lizette Salas, Moriya Jutanagarn, Paula Creamer, Charley Hull, Catriona Matthew or Georgia Hall are just a few of the world-class international players that will take a host of quality young Spaniards who will be seeking a memorable victory on home soil.
- Support local talent – Come, meet and support some of Spain’s top female golfers, both well-known and up-and-coming stars. The Spaniards are playing at home for the first time in the Aramco Team Series and will no doubt be fighting not only for the million-dollar prize money, but also for the honor of taking the win on familiar ground.
- Learn about Golf – There is no better time to enjoy golf as a sport or hobby than at a unique championship such as the Aramco Team Series in Sotogrande. The different team and individual categories will allow visitors to see it’s a game for all – all ages, all abilities playing together, even more so on challenging course such as La Reserva Club.
- Enjoy with golf cutting-edge technology– Enjoy a virtual reality with golf of the future through PuttView, an innovative putt tracking based on AR and machine learning that allows to transform any putting green into an interactive learning environment. If you want to practice as well as watch the stars, then enjoy the Golf Simulator, on both Long Drive and nearest the pin modes. Improve while you enjoy!
- Practice the sport– Practice makes perfect, and there is no more ideal moment for this that during the Aramco Team Series – Sotogrande, where practice nets and a practice putting green will be provided among La Reserva, for allow all the visitors to give a try. Maybe you are an ace on the putt and you don’t know…
- Have fun– Being all day on the tournament can be exhaustive, but the Aramco Team Series – Sotogrande will have an area where all the assistants can take a seat, enjoy a good drink of the bar, a good meal of the public catering and, for sure, watch the tournament on a Big Screen with Live Feed.
To purchase tickets
Aramco Team Series – Sotogrande
The Aramco Team Series – Sotogrande is both unique and historic and epitomises Saudi Arabia’s status as one of the most committed investors into female golf today. This Ladies European Tour (LET) sanctioned tournament will be held in Sotogrande and is the second of five $1m LET events supported by Aramco this year, after London and followed by tournaments in New York and King Abdullah Economic City (near Jeddah).
The investment by Aramco as the headline sponsor along with Golf Saudi makes Saudi Arabia one of the biggest backers of the women’s game in Europe today. The four Aramco Team Series events are a a significant step forward for both Saudi and women’s sport and follow the hugely successful Aramco Saudi Ladies International presented by Public Investment Fund and Saudi Ladies Team International, which took place at Royal Greens Golf and Country Club in November 2020.
The four tournaments will form an important part of a record-breaking LET schedule, with teams of four players competing over 54 holes. Unlike any other event in world golf, Team Captains will recruit one fellow Tour pro through a draft system, similar to the NFL and NBA. Another Tour professional will be selected at random, while all teams will also uniquely include one amateur player.
This is the only event in world golf where an amateur contributes to the final result in the main competition. Prize money for the winning team will be split between its three pro members.
About Golf Saudi
Golf Saudi has been conceived to drive participation in Saudi Arabian golf through the delivery of world-class facilities, operational excellence and the implementation of best practices. Partnering with industry leaders from around the world, Golf Saudi will take advantage of the wider commercial opportunities the sport provides to champion the game within the Kingdom, harness the talent of its people and create a thriving programme that establishes Saudi Arabia as a leader on the global stage.